Sunday 10 April 2011

The Encounter




Feb 8 1997


Today I decided to wake up earlier than Yesterday and went to the river by myself, I then tried to clear my mind and be peaceful and sure enough the spirit bear showed up 10 minutes after my first dive. I saw it and it saw me the whiteness of the fur and the majesty of its glorious body. This changed me mentally, it scared me but at the same time relieved me, it confused me, I didn't know if I had to be scared or not. I then went up  the hill with the stone and rolled the rock back down. When I got to cam Edwin and Garvey were up and making breakfast, they greeted me and I did the same back. I sat ate and started building the hut, my arms felt like there were 1000 needles piercing through my skin continuously. I finally finished the roof, I now am starting to change mentally about this whole experience, I now know that this is going to change me, I'm sure about it and will try all my best to let it happen. Tonight we did the spirit bear dance, we all made interesting dances, I think mine changed what Edwin and Garvey thought of what I thought the bear was, I danced so they could see the different and numerous times that the bear came and how I was aggressive and and he only defended itself, and I think this changed them because they thought I was attacked by a bear randomly. This morning the dive in the river and the rolling of the rock changed me mentally. I am now more peaceful, calm and I hope that this will get better and better with the days that pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment