Sunday 1 May 2011

Touching Spirit Bear

Feb 4 1997


Six months ago I was mauled by a bear which was said to live miles away from where I was. He destroyed all of my ribs and rendered my left arm useless. The bone was completely fractured and most of the flesh was torn out. My arm has changed; it is now weak and barely useful. These are traces of the day that the horrific bear physically changed me. This event completely changed the way I live. To recover from these horrific injuries, I was taken to hospital.
In a few days I'm may be returning to the island, just the thought of the melody of the waves crashing to shore and the resonance of trees swaying in the wind terrifies me. Even though I changed the way I think about life, I'm still worried about being denied to let go to the island by the Circle of Justice. I now think of life as something we should respect and cherish. Before I thought about life as dark, black hole that I couldn't escape of. If I will return to the island I will have to adapt to the change of the environment, I will have to learn how to do daily jobs on the island using mostly just my right arm. If I want to stay on the island, I will also have to change my behaviour with Edwin and Garvey. If I won't listen or won't do what they say, they will take me back to Minneapolis and put me in a Detention Center until I will be old enough to go to prison. I am now going to bed, in my cell at the Detention Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment